How to Apply
The best and the quickest way to apply for a loan with Smartcover is to apply using our online application form. The application takes around 5 minutes to complete.
Before you start the online application process you will need:
- Valid proof of ID – We can accept the below:
- NZ Driver’s License
- Passport (if you are on a working visa, you MUST supply a copy of your visa during the application process)
- NZ Birth Certificate AND your 18+ card and/or a copy of your Credit or Debit card
- Statutory Declaration signed by your local Justice of the Peace
- Proof of address – This is a letter that has been sent to you in the mail in the last 3 months. however, in some cases, we can accept digital utility bills.
- A recent selfie – A picture of yourself to cross reference against your supplied ID.
- Contact details of a reference person who lives at a different address to yourself (name, contact number and address).
- For Automotive related applications or loan applications over $2000 we require the details of a vehicle registered in your name (year, make, model and plate number) for security purposes.
- Your last 3 months of bank statements – though this is requested after you have applied. We will send you a pending email asking for these to be sent through to us using a secure link to our bank statements portal.
Visit our website and click ‘Apply Online’. In addition, you can click ‘apply now’ at the bottom of this page.
If you are applying for a Vet Care loan and DO NOT have internet access, please request a paper application with your local vet clinic.
Fill in your details and attach your supporting documents.
Your documents will need to be in JPEG, PNG or PDF format to reduce issues with file format. Please ensure your details are correct and up to date.
Submit your application and wait to receive your pending email.
This email will contain a secure link for you to submit your last 3 months of bank statements as well as a request for any extra supporting documents and details required. We expect that you will receive this within an hour of submitting your application.